1) Download Makerbot Desktop from www.makerbot.com/desktop
3) Insert the STL file of your desired 3D object into Makerbot 3D.
6) Insert your USB or SD Card into your desired 3D printer.
*Note: The Makerbot Replicator requires a USB, The Makerbot Replicator 2x requires a SD Card that is less than 2 GB in size and formatted to FAT16. For information on how to do so please click here.
Running a print on the MakerBot Replicator (PLA)
Skip to step 10 on how to run a print on Makerbot Replicator 2x (ABS).
7) Make sure that there is enough plastic filament for your print, else the print will fail.
8) Use the scroll wheel to navigate and press down on the scroll wheel to select. Navigate to and select "Print", select "USB Storage", select your file, and start the print.
9) Wait for the printing bed to position itself and heat up. Wait a few minutes to make sure the print starts before leaving the printer. This is to ensure that the printer is not jammed, causing the print to fail.